Help support education initiatives in Chicago
Donate now to help us deliver accessible art experiences to Chicago students!
Creating Art, Creating Change - Nadine Merheb A Project of Urban Gateways
More than ever, Chicago youth and their families are inundated with traumatic exposure to gun violence, domestic abuse, sexual assault, and substance abuse both directly and indirectly - as victims, perpetrators, witnesses, and afflicted community members. Chicago communities are in desperate need of positive and impactful experiences.
Arts programs are more in-demand than ever before, especially given the prominence of national studies validating the critical need for high-intensity arts programming as a factor for mitigating the impact of trauma, improved academic success, and lifelong learning.
Urban Gateways' mission is to educate and inspire young people by delivering high-quality, accessible arts experiences that advance their personal and academic growth. Urban Gateways delivers high-quality arts programs led by trained and experienced professional artists in music, dance, theater, literary arts, visual arts, and digital media to engage youth in grades pre-K through 12, their teachers, families, and communities.
I encourage you to check out the Urban Gateways website, Facebook, or blog to see some of the amazing things that the organization has done for the community. Help us raise money to continue to support the participation in, creation of, and enjoyment of art.
Every dollar has a great impact:
• $10 provides one week of transit for a teen artist apprentice.
• $25 provides script copies for a theater class.
• $50 provides paint supplies for a visual arts residency.
• $100 provides 2 hours of an artist residency for up to 30 students.
• $250 can provide a professional development workshop for school teachers on arts integration strategies.
• $500 can provide a full set of arts supplies for a school-wide visual arts residency.
• $1,000 can provide an educational and artistic live performance by one of our touring groups in music, dance or theater for 500 children.